Very important: Films submitted without an entry fee will not be considered eligible for any award, either in competition or audience choice awards. Special discounts may be available for students and alumni filmmakers, please contact the Programming Office for further information.
3. Film Formats Shown at RIIFF:
We screen up-converted DVDs and Blu-Ray. Other formats must be discussed with the Technical Director, Timothy Haggery (email@example.com). Filmmakers will be contacted by the RIIFF Programming Director with format options based on venue. This information will be available in early July. The Festival will be presented in the digital format.
IMPORTANT: PAL, NTSC AND SECAM DON'T EXIST IN THE DIGITAL WORLD
Some background on DVD and Blu-ray Region Encoding:
Global region codes identify specific DVDs and Blu-ray discs that are compatible with the players typically sold in that region. The majority of all current titles play in only one specific region unless otherwise noted.
* Region 1: U.S., U.S. Territories, Canada, and Bermuda
* Region 2: Japan, Europe, South Africa, and the Middle East, including Egypt
* Region 3: Southeast Asia, East Asia, including Hong Kong
* Region 4: Australia, New Zealand, Pacific Islands, Mexico, Central America, South America, and the Caribbean
* Region 5: Former Soviet Union, Indian subcontinent, Africa, North Korea, and Mongolia
* Region 6:China
* Region A/1: North America, Central America, South America, Japan, North Korea, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Southeast Asia.
* Region B/2: Europe, Greenland, French territories, Middle East, Africa, Australia and New Zealand.
* Region C/3: India, Nepal, Mainland China, Russia, Central and South Asia.
VERY IMPORTANT: Please be sure that your digital copy is Region 1 or 0 for standard DVD; and Region A/1 for Blu-Ray.
4. RIIFF Film Selection and Screening Schedule:
Film selections will be finalized the Week of July 7-11th. The screening schedule will be complete by the middle of July and will be emailed to the festival participants and posted on the website. This year we will again be using Schedule.org for our programming. Accepted filmmakers will be able to upload images, videos and text.
5. Poster Sizes for Publicity:
Posters can be of any size, no requirements. The largest we take is the marquee poster; the smallest can be postcard size. A variety of sizes are encouraged. Posters should be sent to the same address as the exhibition copy of the film.
6. Festival Awards for Film Competition:
Film awards are trophies, not cash prizes. The winner of Best Short will be submitted to the Academy of Motion Pictures for Oscar consideration. The awards ceremony is Sunday August 9th, 2015.
7. General Admission Ticket Prices:
Opening Night Film Celebration & Soirée
$15/ticket (free for accepted filmmakers
$50 for film screening and Post Party
Single Tickets not on opening night: Adult Tickets-$10
KidsEye International FF Ticket prices: Adults- $10.00
Advance Ticket orders are now available.
Certain films might sell-out. Please redeem vouchers or 5-packs at least 10 minutes before a particular screening. We cannot guarantee seating if you arrive late.
8. Distributors Attending the Fest:
We do not have a concrete list of which distribution companies are attending this year (they tend to surprise us) but we have strong ties with representatives from IFC, Sony, Media Blasters, Lion’s Gate, and other companies have attended the festival in recent years. More information on distributors will become available during the festival as they become availabe to us.
9. Promoting Your Film at RIIFF:
Filmmakers may advertise their film in our program guide and newspaper announcements. This info with up-to-date details will be included in the acceptance letter.
10. The Vortex Sci-Fi, Fantasy & Horror Festival:
RIIFF hosts a sci-fi, fantasy, horror festival in October. A separate submission and entry fee is required for consideration in the horror festival competition. Please download an application form from our Competitions page.