A Word on the Gay
Why Support the
PROVIDENCE GLBT FILM FESTIVAL
Advance Preview Fest: June 2008
Main Festival: August 5-10, 2008
The Gay & Lesbian Market Segment: Statistics
Gays and Lesbians earn more, travel more and buy more
brand name products than any other consumer group. They
are the "ultimate double income - no kids"
consumers. That's why organizations like American Express,
Bud Light, British Tourist Authority, Brown-Forman Beverages,
Citibank, Continental Airlines, Coors, Fleet Bank, JPMorgan
Chase, Prudential Ins. Co., Time Warner Cable, United
Airlines, The Village Voice and many others regularly
sponsor Film Festivals.
Income & Financial
* Mean Individual Income: $42,340
* Mean Household Income: $62,130
* American Express 34% · Discover 28% ·
Mastercard 52% · Visa 69% IRA 28% · 401K
39% · Stocks 23% · Mutual Funds 24%
* Visited a restaurant for lunch or dinner a mean average
of 16.8 times in the last 30 days, spending a mean average
of $10.88 for lunch and $15.52 for dinner.
* In the last 12 months, 95.9% took a vacation/business
trip in the U.S.
* In the last 12 months, 62.6% took a vacation/business
trip outside the U.S.
* Membership in frequent flyer programs 51%.
* Over 50% buy or lease a new car.
* New domestic cars 26% · New import cars 30%.
* Personal computers used by 83% at home or work.
* On-line services connected in 27% of households.
* Cable television installed in 70% of households.
* Own a residence 42%.
* Rent a residence 52%.
* Considering moving in the next 12 months, 47%.
Percent with professional/managerial job:
* Gay & Lesbian households 47%
* All households 31%
Percent with college degree:
* Gay households 65%
* All households 31%
Percent with income over $100,000 a year:
* Gay households 15%
* All households 4%
To learn more about sponsoring or getting your business
involved in this unique Festival, please call, write,
The Providence GLBT Film Festival
PO Box 162 • Newport, RI 02840 (United States)
Street Address: 96 Second Street • Newport, RI
Office: 268 Broadway, Providence, RI 02903
Tel/Fax: (401) 861-4445/490-6735